- Do you guys do piercing?
- Is it safe ?
- Can you fix my old tattoo?
- Can I bring my own design?
- How do I care for my new tattoo?
- How much does it cost?
- How can I pay?
- What should I expect when I go to get my tattoo?
- Can I use some kind of numbing cream?
- Should I tip my tattoo artist?
- Is it OK to get a tattoo if I’m sick?
- I just got a new tattoo on my leg – can I shave?
- When should I not get a tattoo?
- Where can I look at your artist’s work?
- Do I need an appointment?
- What do I bring to the consultation appointment?
- Can I have a drink before I get tattooed?
- Should I eat before I get tattooed?
- Can you tattoo over a scar?
- How long can I expect my tattoo to take to heal?
- Do you do free touch-ups?
- Is there anything you won’t tattoo?
- What if I don’t like it?
- How do I get a price quote?
Do you guys do piercing?
We do not do piercings.Back to Index
Is it safe ?
The Dolorosa Tattoo Company is a professional and clean tattoo studio that always uses sterilized instruments and pigments. We dispose all one time use needles. Once you leave this space, the environment has many types of bacteria that you must keep your tattoo free of. Washing it regularly and following after care instructions will keep you safe.Back to Index
Can you fix my old tattoo?
Yes.Back to Index
Can I bring my own design?
Yes.Back to Index
How do I care for my new tattoo?
- Leave the bandage on for at least 3 but up to 12 hours. If bandage sticks to tattoo upon removal, wet the area with lukewarm water and slide the bandage off. Do not reapply the bandage.
- Wash the area gently with mild, fragrance-free soap and water. Do this using clean hands and making sure to remove all excess ointment, blood and ink. Pat dry with a clean towel. DO NOT SCRUB.
- Wash your tattoo 2-3 times a day. After washing, allow the skin to dry and apply a VERY THING layer of Aquaphor for the next 5 days.
- After the fifth day, apply a mild, fragrance-free moisturizing lotion until the tattoo settles into the skin. This typically takes three weeks to a month. Aveeno is recommended to use.
- Expect to see your tattoo peel and flake. This is a normal part of the healing process.
- NO SUN for two weeks. NO SWIMMING or SOAKING for two weeks.
- It is completely normal for your healing tattoo to itch, but it is important NOT TO SCRATCH OR PICK AT YOUR TATTOO.
How much does it cost?
Our shop minimum is $100 and the hourly rate for most of our artists is $180. But prices can vary greatly.Back to Index
How can I pay?
We accept cash and all major credit cards. We do not accept personal checks.Back to Index
What should I expect when I go to get my tattoo?
Tattoos take time. Please be prepared to wait as your design is finalized. Having plans set up for your day after the tattoo is usually a bad idea. You should eat before your tattoo. Have a full stomach, and be mentally prepared!Back to Index
Can I use some kind of numbing cream?
We do not recommend that you use numbing cream.Back to Index
Should I tip my tattoo artist?
15-20% tip is customary.Back to Index
Is it OK to get a tattoo if I’m sick?
If you are contagious or have had a fever within the last 24 hours, we will not be able to tattoo you out of consideration for your artist.Back to Index
I just got a new tattoo on my leg – can I shave?
Once your tattoo is completely healed and smooth you can shave. Give it at least 2-4 weeks.Back to Index
When should I not get a tattoo?
You can NOT get a tattoo if you are pregnant or breast feeding, intoxicated, if you’re having doubts, or if you’re underage. Note to the ladies, you may not want to get a tattoo while on your period, as you are more sensitive to pain.Back to Index
Where can I look at your artist’s work?
You can check out our artists’ work on our website, Instagram or by stopping by the shop and looking at their portfolios.Back to Index
Do I need an appointment?
We take walk-ins, so an appointment is not required but it is recommended. We do try to accommodate all walk-ins but without an appointment, you may have to wait or possibly come back if all of our artists are busy.Back to Index
What do I bring to the consultation appointment?
You can bring any reference photos that you might have that you want to show your artist. You will also want to bring cash or card to pay the deposit for booking your appointment.Back to Index
Can I have a drink before I get tattooed?
NO.Back to Index
Should I eat before I get tattooed?
Most definitely.Back to Index
Can you tattoo over a scar?
Yes, if the scar is fully healed and mostly smooth to the touch. It must be healed for a minimum of 6 months and not red or irritated.Back to Index
How long can I expect my tattoo to take to heal?
It should take about 2-4 weeks for your tattoo to fully heal.Back to Index
Do you do free touch-ups?
We do offer complimentary touch-ups within the first three months after your tattoo is done. However, if any touch-up work to the tattoo is needed due to the client’s negligence, there will be a fee.Back to Index
Is there anything you won’t tattoo?
We are willing to tattoo almost anything, within reason, and if there is anything that a certain artist feels uncomfortable tattooing, we will refer you to someone that will be comfortable doing it.Back to Index
What if I don’t like it?
If you are, in anyway, unhappy with your service or the tattoo, you can contact the manager. We can address any faults or problems you may have.Back to Index
How do I get a price quote?
You can get a price quote by stopping by the shop and having a consultation with one of our artists. If that doesn’t work for you, feel free to call or email our shop manager. Our manager will be able to assist you in getting a price quote, as well as booking an appointment or consultation. Please keep in mind that while we would like to give exact price quotes, they are just estimates and the price could end up being more or less than what you were quoted.Back to Index